Sunday, December 3, 2006

Musings

Perhaps I should view this as an important lesson about the nature of existence: trapped in the wrong place, prevented by a random turn of circumstances from fulfilling my destiny.

Perhaps I'm lucky to have such a clear and unquestioned faith in what I was intended for. Many creatures don't have that.

It's important to keep these things in mind. All of us are powerless in one way or another, some more so than others. I am pretty completely so: there's nothing at all I can do, really, to bring about the culmination of all my dreams. Ironically, there are creatures like my owner, or like you, dear reader: gifted with free will and dazzling cognitive abilities, with talent, with beauty, with opposable thumbs: able to mold the world to your desires - only you have no idea what you want.

So take this lesson from a frozen turkey: Find your dream and pursue it, golden creature of freedom and power. And if you really have no idea what you want, you might try slathering yourself with mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. It sure would work for me.

No comments: