Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy Ending

I've been eaten, so this will be my last post. There will of course be turkey sandwiches, turkey casseroles, and turkey soups for a few days; but the climactic moment, the moment for which I came into existence and for which I have been breathlessly waiting for as long as I have been aware, has come and gone. I have fulfilled my destiny.

I was magnificent.

Here I am being unwrapped.


Here, I've been brushed all over with melted butter. What a delicious sensation!


I blush a little bit to show you this one. Carrots, onions, and bay leaves go - you know - inside.


Here I am ready to go into the oven!


And here I am all golden-brown and ready to carve. I bet my previous owner wishes he hadn't given me away now - but no. No, I have no need to be bitter. Just look at me!


It goes without saying there were mashed potatoes.


And here I am, juicy, carved, on the plate, with mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and black-eyed peas cooked with bacon, onions and collard greens. What a perfect New Year's feast!


From a (formerly) frozen turkey to you: May your 2007 be full and happy, may you always know what you want, and may you never have to wait too long for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sucks you ended your duty with a big red zit on ya!

Anonymous said...

I think we all know what it's like to be a frozen turkey awaiting some future time when all our dreams will be fulfilled. Funny how we can spend all our time pining for something. Pining and longing for the future becomes a part of us. And what becomes of us after we achieve this? Do we live happily ever after?

Thanks, frozen turkey. It has been a pleasure.